When it comes to women’s health, magnesium is one of the first supplements that come to mind. Our body talks to us through symptoms and even constipation, PMS or osteoporosis can be your body’s way of telling that you are deficient in this magical mineral.
Benefits of magnesium include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothing the nervous system
- Assists in sleep
- Regulates the HPA axis (Aka reduces stress response)
- Reduces period pain, because of its muscle relaxing properties and ability to reduce prostaglandins
- Assists in progesterone production
- Reduces PMS symptoms
- Treating peri-menopause and menopausal symptoms
Wholefood sources of magnesium include leafy greens, almonds, black beans, chocolate and pumpkin seeds, but it is highly recommended to supplement with magnesium as well. Magnesium is depleted when we’re stressed, which is daily in our modern day lives. Another way of increasing your magnesium is by taking an Epsom Salt bath.
Magnesium is a vital mineral for overall health and will improve anything from sleep to PMS & peri-menopausal symptoms.
See my favourite magnesium supplements here:
These topical magnesium sprays allows magnesium to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
Download your free Moon Cycle Tracker now!
Error: Contact form not found.
Briden, L. 2021. Hormone repair manual. Greenpeak Pulishing.
Magnesium- Uses, Side Effects, and More: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-998/magnesium